Are you interested in Bioenergy and available from June 2 - August 8, 2014?
SDSU's interdisciplinary REU site will allow 10 undergraduate students in plant science, chemistry, biology or engineering to learn research skills and to participate in unique research experiences related to biofuels and bioenergy crops. The research projects cover the whole spectrum of state of the art bioenergy research from feedstock genomics, to new technologies in bioprocessing and the conversion of bioenergy crops into biofuels, to ecological and environmental sustainability of bioenergy crops.
- Program dates: June 02 to August 8, 2014 (10 weeks).
- Participant support: $500/week, paid on-campus housing, food allowance ($100/week) and paid travel expenses.
- Location: South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Requirements: US citizenship or permanent residency; declared major related to the project of interest, interest in research in an multidisciplinary environment.
- Information and application: Submit the application material latest on March 31, 2014 electronically to the email addresses below or by mail to: South Dakota State University, Biology and Microbiology Department, c/o Carol Doyle, Northern Plains Biostress, Brookings, SD 57007. Further information is available at http://www.sdstate.edu/biomicro/research/REU/index.cfm/.
For more information, contact Dr. Heike Bücking at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Jose Gonzalez at email@example.com.