Health Careers Fair 2012
Thursday, September 27
1:00 – 4:00pm
Coffman Memorial Union Great Hall
Open to all students – no registration required
More information found here: http://www.healthcareers.umn.edu/events/healthcareersfair/home.html
Come to the fair and learn about the University's different academic programs leading to a health professional career. Meet with admissions staff from the different health professional and health-related programs here on campus and ask them your questions. Pre-health students groups are also in attendance!
Health Careers – General Information Sessions
Are you planning to be a health professional? Come learn about the variety of options, and how to prepare for application in a Health Careers Information Session. Each session will include time for Q & A with Health Careers Center consultants and will take place in the HCC, 2-565 Moos Tower. Sessions will cover:
- How to be a competitive applicant
- A review of Academic Health Center programs in health, including clinical laboratory sciences, dentistry, dental hygiene, dental therapy, medicine, mortuary science, nursing, OT, PT, pharmacy, public health, veterinary medicine, and emerging disciplines
- An overview of Health Careers Center programs and resources for undergraduate students -- online workshops, in-person information sessions, and classes.
Academic Health Center Programs - Information Sessions
AACOM Campus Visit to UMTC (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine)
Thursday, October 18
4:30 – 7:00pm
2-620 Moos Tower
Sponsored by AACOM and the Health Careers Center at the University of Minnesota.
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) coming to campus and is bringing 7 national DO Medical Schools with them! Staff from AACOM will host an a information session and give students the opportunity to learn more about Osteopathic Medicine.
- Meet with (DO) Medical School Admissions Officers
- Learn about osteopathic medicine and medical schools
- Discover the best ways to prepare for medical schools
There will be a general information session, followed by a resource fair with different DO schools from around the country. This is one of the only on-campus opportunities that U of M students will have to connect with this many different colleges of osteopathic medicine! Don't miss it!
The following Osteopathic Medical Schools will be participating:
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM)
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)
- Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCUMB)
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA & Bradenton, FL (LECOM)
- Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)
- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)