UM Research Data Management Policy "...The PI is the steward of the research data that are under their control. PIs are responsible for managing access to research data under their stewardship..." [excerpt from full policy]
Data Sharing Instructions, via OIT (August 1, 2015 onwards)
Software for Viewing Results
- SCAFFOLD: Download Scaffold Viewer and install the latest software on your local computer. Download your Scaffold results file (*.sf3) and open the file in the Scaffold viewer. See example display settings for Scaffold results (from Orbitrap data).
- PROTEIN PILOT 5: Download Protein Pilot 5 and install on your local computer (PC only, not Mac compatible). Download your Protein Pilot results file (*.group) and open the file in the ProteinPilot viewer.
- PEAKS Studio 8: Download PEAKS Studio 8 viewer (trial version) (PC only, not Mac compatible). Download your PEAKS Results and open in the PEAKS viewer, click Instructions for assistance.
Former Data Sharing Method (Jan - July 2015)
Data download from "cmsp-data-delivery" folder
Mac or PC: Main Help File
- Download and Install WinScp file transfer protocol tool
- Open WinScp and create a session with host name: login.msi.umn.edu
- Connect to login.msi.umn.edu using your MSI username and password
- Navigate to: .../[main_PI_folder]/data_release/cmsp-data-delivery
- Use this additional HELP FILE for navigating within WinScp