CBS-RLT manages and maintains the laptop carts available for instructional use in Bruininks Hall. These laptops are meant to provide support for students who do not bring a personal laptop or device and there are enough in each equipped room to supply one for each group of three students. The carts are assigned to specific rooms in the building and are retrievable from their storage locations with UCard swipe access.
If you would like to utilize these laptops in your course, please complete the following two steps:
- Schedule a supported room. Work with your department scheduler to ensure that your course is scheduled in one of the Bruininks Hall rooms listed below.
- Request access to laptop storage location. Request storage location access from OCM for yourself and any TAs who will need card access to the laptop storage locations (below) at least 7 days in advance of your course start date. Remember to request access to the storage location, not the classroom itself.
Be sure laptop carts are returned to the secured storage areas (not left in the classroom) after each use. Instructors are responsible for all equipment associated with the laptop carts.
Laptop Locations and Rooms
The following rooms are equipped with laptop carts for use. If you require the use of laptops in your course, please work with your department scheduler to ensure that your course is in one of the rooms listed below, otherwise there will not be laptops available.
|Laptop Storage Room||Classroom|
|147||131A or 131 B|
If you require immediate assistance or technical troubleshooting during one of your classes, contact the Service Desk by calling 1-HELP or emailing email@example.com.
For non-urgent questions about the laptop carts, how to obtain access, or other concerns please contact CBS-RLT.
The following software is currently installed on these laptops. Additional course-specific software can be installed upon request with this form. Please give at least 2 weeks notice for new software to be installed and tested for your course.
- Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Adobe Reader 9
- Microsoft Office 2007 Suite
- Windows Media Player, QuickTime, Java, and Adobe Shockwave and Flash
- Logger Pro
- Google Earth
- Mega 6
- R and RStudio