Worried about losing your data? CBS-IT provides backup services for faculty and staff to safeguard important data. We provide safe and secure storage space on the CBS network that is backed up nightly and provides the best place to store important data. In addition to network storage, CBS-IT uses CrashPlan Pro, an industry leader in enterprise quality desktop and laptop backups, to easily and automatically back up your computer onto a remote server.
- Install CrashPlan Pro on all University owned computers to
- Automatically create backups every 30 minutes provided the computer is connected to the internet.
- Retain data for 3 months.
- Provide users access to the CrashPlan server so that they may retrieve their own data through a web page and software installed on your computer.
- Restore data upon request.
- Storage space on CBS network - see Network Attached Storage.
Features Not Included
- CrashPlan does not back up unessential directories such as program files, applications, or operating system files.
- Installation services and support for linux. We will provide installation files and service, but will not directly install the software.
- Contact us through the CBS-IT Service Desk if you would like us to install CrashPlan on your university owned computer. For personal device backup, please see this page.
- Read our CrashPlan documentation HERE
- Make sure you are connecting to the internet often so that CrashPlan can complete a backup. You will receive an email alert from us if your computer has not been backed up for several weeks. This allows us to ensure that CrashPlan is working properly on your machine and is indeed backing up all of your data.
- In the event that a computer restore is needed, you will need to provide any non-University licenses and media for software that you would like us to reinstall.
Free for CBS Faculty and Staff
Standard Support Hours
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Installations of CrashPlan will occur within 10 working hours of request. Data recovery can be self-conducted, but if IT assistance is required it will take place within 6 working hours.
CBS Service Desk