The list below represents student organizations that may be of interest to CBS students.
- College of Biological Sciences Student Board
- Holds events for all CBS students, represents the student body at CBS and University administrative affairs, communicates with the deans, and supports other CBS student organizations. Student Board website
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
- National Health Pre-Professional Honor Society dedicated to assisting students engaged in the pursuit of a professional healthcare career. AED website
- American Medical Student Association - Pre Med Minneapolis Chapter (AMSA Premed)
- Improving health care and its delivery to all people; involving its members in the social, moral, and ethical obligations of the profession of medicine.
- Biochemistry Club
- Improve the educational experience, provide career advancement tools and specialized leadership training opportunities for majors in the discipline.
- Biological Science Research Club (BSRC)
- Gain exposure to current research through seminar speaker presentations, discussion, and practice reading, interpreting, and presenting scientific journal articles.
- Biology Without Borders (BWB)
- Provides direct resources to students who wish to gain international experience through global volunteerism, assisting professionals in health related careers. BWB website
- Brain Club
Creates social and educational events that will allow students interested in the neurosciences to pursue their passion. Our club seeks to include not only students who major in Neuroscience but any person with an interest in understanding the brain.
- Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior Club (EEB)
For those interested in Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior, but not limited to those in the EEB major. Promotes trips to Itasca State Park and community service activites. Formerly named Headwaters Ecology Club. EEB Club website
- Forensic Science Club (FSC)
- Provides events, field trips, information, and a forum for speakers to members of the University community interested in forensic science. FSC website
- Future Leaders Aspiring in Science and Healthcare (FLASH)
- Exploring opportunities within the life sciences and healthcare industry on and off campus, at the same time addressing various needs in the community.
- Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development Club (GCD Club)
- GCD club exists to promote and generate interest in the many aspects of genetics, cellular biology and development. This is accomplished through active engagement via field trips, guest speakers, projects, and journaling.
- Health and Biological Research News Club (HBR News Club)
HBR News is a group for young scientists to better their understanding of contemporary scientific research. Long-term goals of HBR News include furthering worldwide dissemination of biological knowledge and creating working professional relationships within a team of motivated individuals. Members read scientific publications, choose an article to summarize, and then publish their work to HBRnews.com. HBR News Club aims to help its members develop research skills and to promote public understanding of current scientific discoveries.
- Inter-Professional Pre-Health Students
Designed to provide students with information about the importance of inter-professional collaborations in healthcare, along with organizing and providing inter-professional activities related to healthcare collaborations for all students at the University of Minnesota.
- Marine Biology Club
This group is for students with interests relating to marine biology and conservation to come together and discuss fundraiser opportunities and plan marine biology related outings. Students could potentially engage in hands-on learning about marine wildlife and discuss opportunities relating to the marine biology minor and plans for after college. Marine Biology Club website
- Microbiology Club
The Microbiology Club functions to provide students with information about the many career choices in microbiology, to get students involved in microbiology research projects, and to connect students to the many resources available through the American Society for Microbiology. Club activities include presentations by academic and industrial researchers, and field trips to local research facilities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microbiota in Health and Medicine Interest Group
This group aims to involve university health students in the cutting edge field of intestinal microbiota and fecal transplantation. Members will have the opportunity to be involved through donation, research and educational opportunities.
- Minnesota Medical Leaders (MML)
- Developing values-based healthcare leaders by bridging the gap from ambition to action. MML website
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Assist minority pre-medical students in gaining insight into professional healthcare careers through informational programs, academic resources, and volunteer opportunities. MAPS website
MSTEM assists in the engagement of multicultural students pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) disciplines and provide a community to these students who are underrepresented across the University. MSTEM provides connections between students, faculty and professionals from industry and research institutions to increase the number of students exposed to job, research opportunities, post baccalaureate, and graduate school programs.
- Pharmacology Club
Our activities include two programs every month; a science-oriented presentation of new developments in pharmacology and a career-development presentation from either researchers in the field, industry experts, or current professional and graduate students. This club is for students interested in professional school, graduate school, or heading into research or industry-related jobs. Pharmacology Club website
- Pre-Dental Club @ the University of Minnesota
- Forum for those interested in exploring dental schools and the application process, as well as dentistry in general. Pre-Dental Club website
- Pre-Genetic Counseling Club
Expose students to the life of a genetic counselor, become prepared to apply for graduate school, and to make connections with people in the genetic counseling community.
- Pre-Meds in Action
This group allows students to engage in volunteering and provides opportunities for students to interact with and contact professionals in the healthcare industry and others in biologically related fields. Speakers may deliver presentations regarding medical topics and related fields.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy Group
- The goal of the Pre-Occupational Therapy Group is to promote the knowledge of occupational therapy among students and to build a community of students passionate about becoming Occupational Therapists. The group will be involved in volunteer as well as social activities.
- Pre-Optometry Club
- Are you interested in becoming an optometrist? Would you like to learn more about the field and what it takes to become an eye doctor? The Pre-Optometry Club is a fast growing club with 25 members. We will be hosting big events in Coffman, having optometrists come speak to the club, and visiting optometrists’ offices in the local area. Contact email@example.com.
- Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Students wishing to explore the field of Pharmacy and gather with students sharing similar interests. Pre-Pharmacy Club website
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- To educate students about the field of physical therapy and provide a sense of community among students with this career interest.
- Pre- Physician Assistant Organization
- Provides crucial information to students aspiring to obtain a degree as a Physician Assistant. Educational meetings to inform students about the application process and opportunities available within the profession.
- Pre-Veterinary Club
The Pre-Vet Club’s purpose is to instill the utmost knowledge in future veterinarians through the use of speakers, study groups, group discussions, hands-on experience and social events.
- Synthetic Biology Society (SBS)
This is an academic club comprised of current and former iGEM (international Genetically Engineered Machine Competition) participants and students, all who share an excitement for synthetic biology. The club's goals are to generate and spread interest, awareness, and understanding of synthetic biology and to foster a sustainable community of synthetic biologists on campus. SBS website
- Undergraduate Public Health Association
Aims to be a resource for students interested in the public health field. UPHA strives to promote campus health initiatives and community health education through events and community engagement, and to serve as a resource for those interested in public health. UPHA offers students the opportunity to participate in health-related events and activities.