LiCl cleanup is used after Trizol RNA extraction protocols.
1) Add 1:1 volume 4M LiCl and place on ice for 1 - 2 hours.
2) Centrifuge at full speed for 10 minutes and remove supernatant.
3) *Resuspend in 100uL TE or nuclease-free water.
4) Precipitate RNA:
a. Add 0.1 vol 3M NaOAc (10uL)
b. Add 2.5 vol 95% EtOH (250uL)
5) Spin for 10 minutes at full speed and remove the supernatant
6) Air dry pellet
7) Resuspend pellet in 20uL nuclease-free water.
4M LiCl (42.39g/M)
25.4g LiCl in 250mL nuclease-free water
1X TE Buffer
-1mL 1M Tris-Cl (6.06g Tris base + 40mL nuc. free water, pH to 8.0 with concentrated HCl, adjust total volume to 50mL)
-0.2mL .5M EDTA (Ambion)
-Adjust volume to 100mL
3M Sodium Acetate (NaOAc-3H20 is 136.08g/M)
81.6g NaOAc-3H20 in 200mL nuclease free water