The Wackett laboratory studies microbial enzymes and pathways for biocatalysis and biodegradation and helped build the Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database.
- Atrazine – Biocatalyst encapsulation and water treatment
- Cyanuric acid – Removal from swimming pool water
- Emerging pollutants - Bioremediation of personal care products
- Aromatic hydrocarbons – Modeling and mechanisms
- Hydrocarbon biosynthesis – Enzyme structure and mechanisms
- Enzyme-based sensors for detecting toxicants
- Predicting biocatalytic potential of enzymes and microbes
Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) oxidation – Sakkos, J.K., et al 2016, Hydrocarbon oxidation by immobilized cells. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 113: 3513-521
Bioremediation startup founded – Minnepura Technologies, Inc.
Minnepura in the news - Startups out of the University of Minnesota