All BMBB students in good standing are supported financially with a stipend plus full tuition, all student fees, and 95% of health insurance. Completion of financial aid forms is not necessary, even though the Graduate School Bulletin lists these forms as being available.
Scholarships + Awards
MCSB/BMBB students are eligible for several awards through the Graduate School, GCD and BMBB departments.
First year students may be awarded the following fellowships based on application materials and DGS recommendations:
- Mary Dempsy Fellowship
This one-year fellowship through the BMBB department awards one student $1000 in addition to the program’s annual stipend per DGS recommendation.
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship
Top applicants are awarded a $30,000 stipend as incoming students.
- 3M Fellowship
Awarded to a top incoming student once per year, this fellowship provides an $8,000 augmentation above the program's regular stipend during years 1 through 4.
- Dean’s Distinguished Graduate Fellowship
Awarded to the top applicant of the six Medical School graduate programs, this fellowship carries an award of $10,000 on top of the regular stipend.
- Diversity of Views and Experiences (DOVE) Fellowship
First-year students from underrepresented groups (U.S. citizens or permanent residents) may be awarded a $22,500 stipend, tuition, and subsidized health insurance for one academic year through the DOVE Fellowship.
Stipend + Tuition Benefits
All full time Ph.D. students receive a 12-month appointment with an annual salary of $28,500 starting Fall, 2017. Tuition and student fees are are also covered for full time Ph.D. students.
Health + Dental Benefits
Ph.D. students are eligible for the Graduate Assistant Health Plan (GAHP) through Boynton Health Service. 95% of the plan’s cost will be covered. The remaining 5% will be billed to student’s accounts once per semester. Visit the Office of Student Health Benefits website for more information.
In very rare circumstances, some students with scholarship funding from countries other than the United States are ineligible for GAHP. Such students are eligible for the AHC Student Health Benefit Plan and must independently cover 100% of the plan’s cost. Visit the AHC Student Health Benefit Plan website for more information.