Students majoring in biology gain a broad understanding of the fundamental nature and characteristics of living things – from molecules to ecosystems – and the ways in which they interact. As part of a large research university, biology students have many opportunities to work alongside faculty on basic research with implications for the environment, human health and more. Of the people stating they studied Biology, (General) at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities as of January 2015, here are some of the top places they now work and how they classify what they do.
Places of Work:
- University of Minnesota Healthcare Services
- Medtronic Research
- Mayo Clinic Education
- 3M Operations
- Allina Health Entrepreneurship
- State of Minnesota Sales
- Hennepin County Medical Center Information Technology
What They Do:
- Healthcare Services
- Information Technology
Want to Explore Further?
Check out the field of study explorer on LinkedIn, which can be found by:
- Scrolling over the Interests Tab on the Home page
- Selecting the Education Tab
- Clicking on the purple Field of Study Explorer icon
- Please note: The tool will default to the major you have listed in your LinkedIn profile and will show individuals around the country who studied this field. To tailor the information, select University of Minnesota-Twin Cities under the Where They Went to University column or use the magnifying glass to search for the U of M if it is not listed. You can then see a list of alumni which features information about where they live, and work. You can also use the gray Explore More Tab on the right hand side to see results for other majors. This can be helpful to compare majors if you are still making a decision.