- Program title: Marine biology minor
- Total credits for the minor: 23-27 (minimum of 8 courses)
- Note: Only one course (maximum 3 credits) from a student’s major may count towards the elective credits for the minor.
Marine Biology Core – 11 Credits
Three introductory courses provide an overview of the chemistry and biology of marine organisms and marine environments.
- ESCI 1006: Oceanography
- FW 2003: Marine Biology
- BIOL 2007: Marine Animal Diversity Laboratory OR FW 4136: Ichthyology
Marine Biology Elective Courses – minimum of 6 credits.
Students will select marine biology-related courses such as the ones listed below. Approval of elective courses will be at the discretion of the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Take 6 or more credit(s) from the following:
- BIOL 4590 - Coral Reef Ecology (2.0 cr)
- BIOL 4596 - Coral Reef Ecology (Dive Trip) (2.0 cr)
- CFAN 3502 - Bahamas--Tropical Marine Biology and Shark Ecology (2.0 cr)
- CFAN 3510 - From Rainforest to Reef: Wildlife Medicine and Conservation in Belize (3.0 cr)
- EEB 4611 - Biogeochemical Processes (3.0 cr)
- ESCI 4402 - Biogeochemical Cycles in the Ocean (3.0 cr)
- FW 4136 - Ichthyology (4.0 cr)
- FW 4401 - Fish Physiology and Behavior (3.0 cr)
Take 0 - 1 course(s) from the following:
- EEB 5601 - Limnology (3.0 cr)
- ESPM 4061W - Water Quality and Natural Resources [ENV, WI] (3.0 cr)