Welcome, see updates below!
The Biophysical Technology Center is a self-supporting non-profit Internal Service Organization at the University of Minnesota under the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics. It is open as a first priority to all University of Minnesota researchers, and to outside researchers by arrangement. Our goal is to provide instrumental and training resources for optical spectroscopy and EPR. Top priorities of the center personnel are to maintain the performance of these instruments at the highest level and to provide basic training to new users. As needed, the resident expertise in the center is available for consultation in sample preparation, data acquisition, and data analysis.
Infinity by Idea Elan user guides: web, mobile, admin/PI
The BTC institution code for the Idea Elan mobile app is 97909.
Two high-throughput screening fluorescence plate readers are available to UMN researchers for translational projects, when ready to optimize and scale up for screening large chemical libraries.
• FLTPR Top-Read: Fluorescence Lifetime Plate Reader with up to 1536-well capability. Excitation sources: 473 nm and 532 nm lasers.
• SUPR: Spectral Unmixing Plate Reader with up to 1536-well capability. Excitation sources: 473 nm and 532 nm lasers.
These instruments are owned by Photonic Pharma LLC. For information and to reserve instruments, visit www.photonicpharma.com/instruments.html.
Dear Biophysical Technology Center Users,
The Biophysical Technology Center (BTC) has reopened for training and instrument usage. We are taking proper precautions to help ensure not only the safety of you, but our staff and students as well. Below you’ll find some updated standards to which we’d appreciate your compliance:
- Online booking has been updated and implemented. Please sign up using the appropriate calendar system or email firstname.lastname@example.org for calendar/account access.
- Please plan accordingly and err on the side of booking slightly more time than necessary to help avoid bottlenecks and delayed experiments from subsequent users.
- If you need to cancel your time slot, please be considerate and remember to remove your appointment from the calendar.
- BTC contact information and links to online booking calendars will be posted outside of each room.
- All users are required to wear a face mask and gloves while using instruments. While bringing your own PPE is preferred, we will have disposable face masks, lab coats, and gloves available, and stationed by the sinks in each room
- It is preferable that users wash their hands upon entering and exiting the area of intended use (and more often if necessary). Hand washing stations are available and stocked with soap and paper towels.
Sarah Blakely, Accounts Manager
Robyn Rebbeck, Director