The Minnesota High Tech Association Foundation (MHTF) is now accepting scholarship applications from Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. Awards range from $2,500 to $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
MHTF also has Named Scholarships in specific areas supported by its sponsors. In the past, scholarships have been given in Computer Science, STEM Education, Data Science, Women in STEM, Underrepresented Populations in STEM and Women in Computer Science.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2019 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
- Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed here.
Deadline for application is May 15, 2019.
The application form and more detailed information can be found at www.mhta.org/educate/stem-scholarships.