CBS Ambassadors work as a team to support the College of Biological Sciences by promoting CBS and the University of Minnesota to perspective students and their families, current students, alumni, and the surrounding community. CBS Ambassadors will participate in student outreach initiatives, on-campus recruitment events, and first-year transition programming. In addition to representing the College of Biological Sciences at various programs throughout the year, CBS Ambassadors will also attend bi-weekly meetings throughout the year to receive pertinent admissions and leadership training. If you would like to represent CBS to perspective students apply at z.umn.edu/cbsambassador!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As CBS Ambassadors you will be asked to assist and represent the college in a variety of capacities including, but not limited to:
• Calling nights where you will reach out to perspective, admitted, or targeted students who have not yet committed to CBS.
• Support planning for the CBS Dean’s Reception and participation in the event in a variety of capacities including: logistical assistance, student panels, moderators, roundtable discussions.
• Serving as a Campus Tour Guide in the Office of Admissions for specific high traffic visit days.
• Assist the Student Services staff with the management and execution of Commencement activities.
• Assist with interviewing candidates for any future full-time staff openings in the CBS Student Services office.
• Assist with the staffing of CBS College Day activities during Welcome Week to help new students have a successful start to their CBS experience.
In addition to the event participation, all CBS Ambassadors will be expected to attend bi-weekly meetings on Tuesdays 4:30-6 p.m. At these meetings you will receive valuable leadership and admissions related training.
All CBS Ambassadors will be expected to commit to a minimum of 15 hours each semester (not including time spent in meetings), attend bi-weekly CBS Ambassador meetings, and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA. In order to be eligible to be a CBS Ambassador, you must have completed at least one semester in CBS.
FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
As CBS Ambassadors, students will have the unique opportunity to:
• be the first point of contact to provide direct feedback to CBS Student Services,
• gain inside access to variety of CBS events,
• build valuable connections with CBS faculty and staff, and
• represent CBS to the University community and perspective students.