Get paid to conduct research, master the graduate school application process, and receive course credits.
McNair Scholars aims to give undergraduate students intensive, faculty-driven research experiences and prepare students for entry into graduate school. They are now accepting applicants for the 2020 summer cohort.
McNair Program At-a-Glance:
During the 10-week summer research program students:
- Develop a great relationship with a professor that is essential for applying to graduate school.
- Receive a $3,500 stipend.
- Earn three-course credits (EDHD 3300: Engaging the Research Process)
- Conduct research with a professor.
- Develop a quality research paper.
- Receive guidance through the graduate school process (e.g. identify graduate programs, write a personal statement, create a curriculum vitae).
- Present research at poster sessions held on campus.
- First-generation and income-eligible (typically Pell Grant eligible), and/or from an underrepresented group
- GPA of 2.75 and above
- Full-time undergraduate sophomore or junior and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
Students with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) focus are strongly encouraged to apply to the McNair Scholars Program, as are student veterans.