The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) offers funding to students who demonstrate an interest in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology and who enhance the diversity of science. The ASBMB Distinguished Undergraduate Fellowship is sponsored by the ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee.
$2,000 toward tuition for one academic year.
Recipients of the ASBMB Distinguished Undergraduate Fellowship are eligible to apply for an additional fellowship in subsequent years.
To be considered you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident. Foreign nationals who are in the U.S. on a visa are not eligible.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited two- or four- year institution located in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0-point scale.
- Have faced significant educational, social, cultural or economic barriers in pursuit of education.
- Be committed to diversity on campus and in the scientific community as a whole.
- Be an ASBMB member (membership can be processed at time of application).
Application Deadline: May 18, 2015
You can also find more information on the attached flyer.