Develop valuable leadership skills, gain 100+ volunteer hours, and help create a seamless transition for the Class of 2021 as a 2017 Welcome Week Leader (WWL)!
What will you get out of it?
- Deepen awareness of your own strengths and leadership style
- Practice inclusive communication and facilitation strategies for building connections and community
- Increase mindfulness and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, philosophies, and cultures
- Develop tolerance of ambiguity and critical decision making ability in a complex environment
- Explore new knowledge about the University campus, community, and resources
- Meals provided during August training sessions and throughout Welcome Week
- Parking covered during spring and August training and throughout Welcome Week for students living more than a mile off-campus
- T-shirts and other freebies provided during Welcome Week
Interested in learning more about the position? Get out of the cold and enjoy some hot chocolate and Insomnia Cookies at the Welcome Week Warm Up! Stop by Coffman room 303 Thursday, February 9 between 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Get more information about the WWL position and application can be found at www.ofyp.umn.edu/wwl. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 15. If you have any questions, feel free to email