The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) offer paid 10-week summer internship programs for students who are passionate about the environment, interested in human health, and curious about how they are linked. During the course of the internship, students are introduced to environmental health at the federal level through collaborative projects, experiential learning opportunities, environmental health presentations, journal clubs, field trips, brown bag lunches, and mentoring relationships at NCEH/ATSDR. Interns will be based at NCEH/ATSDR’s Chamblee Campus.
For more information, please visit the program web sites:
Collegiate Leaders in Environmental Health(www.cdc.gov/nceh/cleh)
· Open to all undergraduate students who are enrolled in school fulltime and will be a rising junior or rising senior by fall 2015.
· Application deadline: January 28th, 2015
· Contact: CLEH@cdc.gov
Summer Program in EnvironmentalHealth (www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/SUPEH)
· Open to students who are enrolled fulltime in EHAC-accredited Environmental Health programs as a rising junior, senior, or graduate student.
· Application deadline: February 11th, 2015
· Contact: EHInternship@cdc.gov
Graduate Environmental Health Program(www.cdc.gov/nceh/geh)
· Open to graduate students who are currently enrolled full-time graduate student in a degree granting program from which a degree has not been conferred at the time of the internship.
· Application deadline: February 25th, 2014
· Contact: GEH@cdc.gov