Gain lab experience by joining the Masopust Lab in a Student Tech Support Services position.
About the Job: Seeking highly motivated undergraduate student to assist in daily and weekly research support services in a small dynamic immunology laboratory. Routine objectives will include assisting with maintaining a mouse breeding colony and assisting with preparations for experiments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- 50% Assisting with mouse colony (weaning, PCR-based genotyping, record keeping)
- 20% Media/Reagent/supply preparation for experiments
- 20% Dishwashing, autoclaving, inventory and stocking lab supplies,
- 10% Assisting with equipment, maintenance/Hazardous waste management
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities student in College of Biological Sciences or similar program.
- Coursework or equivalent knowledge in genetics, molecular biology, and/or cell biology.
- Demonstrated interest in biomedical laboratory research. Prior research experience with PCR, cell culture, sterile technique, and other basic laboratory techniques is highly preferred. Classroom laboratory experience acceptable.
- Ability to work with laboratory mice; will be trained.
- Ability to meet University mandated laboratory safety and biosafety requirements.
- Must be work-study eligible.
- Must be fluent in English
If interested, please submit a resume and brief cover letter to Clare Quarnstrom at email@example.com and Dr. Vaiva Vezys at firstname.lastname@example.org