The U of M Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program is now accepting applications for summer 2014. The priority application deadline is January 27, 2014.
McNair Program at-a-glance
The goal of McNair Scholars is to give undergraduate students intensive, faculty-driven research experiences and prepare students for entry into graduate school.
During the 10-week summer research program students:
- Develop a great relationship with a professor that is essential for applying to graduate school
- Receive a $3,000 stipend
- Conduct research with a professor
- Develop a quality research paper
- Receive help with the application process (i.e. identify graduate programs, write a personal statement, and create a curriculum vita)
- Present research at poster sessions held on campus
- First generation college student and low income, or from an underrepresented group
- GPA of 2.75 and above
- Full-time sophomore or junior and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Students with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) focus are strongly encouraged to apply to the McNair Scholars Program, as are student veterans.
Application deadline: Monday, January 27, 2014
For more information contact Anthony Albecker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shade' Osifuye (email@example.com) or visit learn more information online at http://www.cehd.umn.edu/trio/mcnair/.