The goal of McNair Scholars is to give undergraduate students intensive, faculty-driven research experiences and prepare students for entry into and success in graduate school.
McNair Scholars program is a 10 week summer research program where students will:
- Receive a $ 3000.00 stipend throughout the summer
- Be paired up with a professor to work on their research
- Learn how to develop a quality research paper
- Receive help with the application process (i.e. identify graduate programs, write a personal statement, and create a curriculum vita)
- Present their research at poster sessions held here at the U of M
- Most importantly, develop a great relationship with a professor that is invaluable in terms of getting admitted into graduate school
First generation college student and low income, or from an underrepresented group, and a GPA of 2.75 and above. You must be a full time sophomore or junior and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident. Students with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) focus are strongly encouraged to apply to the McNair Scholars Program, as are student veterans.
Application deadline: Monday, February 4, 2013
For more information visit us online
. Applications can be picked up in 40 Education Sciences Building from 8:30 to 4:30, M-F.