Seeking Science Tutors! Apply today
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tutoring student-athletes who are seeking tutoring either one-on-one or in small groups in Science, especially Chemistry and Physics.
- Must be at least a junior in good academic standing.
- Possess an overall Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Have taken and passed with and "A" or "B" any course for which you wish to be considered eligible to tutor / or equivalent courses from other universities.
- Capable of working flexible hours.
- Obtained a bachelor’s degree and working in either a master’s or PhD program.
- Prior experience and training as a tutor or in education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and model the highest degree of academic integrity.
- Assess and address student-athletes strengths and weaknesses as it pertains to the class and the material.
- Be reliable and punctual for every appointment.
- Possess subject-specific knowledge as well as the ability to present it in creative and effective ways.
- Have a contagious passion for science, math and learning in general.
- Provide academic assistance to student-athletes who are seeking tutoring either one-on-one or in small groups.
- Be willing to learn and address learning styles and tutoring techniques.
- Thoroughly and accurately document every session.
- Create activities and drills to help student-athletes learn the material.
NOTE: Hours will vary; graduate students may not work more than 14 hours per week. Pay is $11/HR for undergrads and $14/HR for graduate students.
Send an email to Jamie Zamjahn, Coordinator of Learning Services / McNamara Academic Center.
- Please attach a current resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and hours of availability.