Mon, Wed: 3:45-5:25 pm, Fall 2013
Carlson School of Management
“This class should be required for all engineers” - Student of MGMT 4080W
- Learn how to commercialize technology-based ideas
- Acquire all building blocks of entrepreneurs’ toolkit (finance, accounting, marketing, law and strategy) through lectures, hands-on exercises, case studies and guest lectures.
- Satisfy the writing intensive requirement of your program.
- Apply knowledge:
- Within a class project, you will work on the commercialization of a U of M patent (in collaboration with the Office of Technology Commercialization) or your own idea.
- Actual companies have been started by the students of this class.
- Outstanding course evaluation by students (5.6/6 average for the last 2 years).