Applications are currently being accepted for the Minnesota Technology Foundation Scholarship. The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. These awards range from $2,500 to $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MnTech member companies. The Minnesota Technology Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process. In the past, Named Scholarships in specific areas have included Computer Science, STEM Education, Data Science, Women in STEM, Underrepresented Populations in STEM, and Women in Computer Science.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2022 and presented to recipients at Minnesota Technology Association Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
- Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed here.
The application deadline is May 20, 2022. The application form and more detailed information are available on the MnTech website.