We’re looking to hire experienced CBS students to fill four learning assistant (LA) positions to assist BIOL 1009 courses in the Fall 2022 semester. LAs help learners in the classroom, monitor student performance, and provide tutoring.
Hours: 5-10 hours per week (8/29/22-12/22/22)
Pay: $15 per hour
- Previously taken BIOL1009 General Biology, or BIOL1951 and BIOL2003 Foundations of Biology 1 & 2, or equivalent
- Class Standing: Currently a Junior or Senior
- Competent and confident about biology
- Ability to serve as a peer and a role-model for students
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. emailing, tutoring, meeting instructors etc.)
- Need to be available on the week before the Fall 2022 semester begins for a training session.
- Monitor and Manage Student Progress/Performance
- Regular Meetings with Course Instructors, LAs, and LA Directors
- Help Instructors Improve BIOL1009
Please send a word (.docx or .pdf) document to Dr. Cheryl Scott (email@example.com) and Dr. Brian Gibbens (firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes the following:
- Full Name
- Class Standing (i.e. junior, senior)
- What background experience do you have that is relevant to this position? (i.e. previous science (i.e. Chemistry) courses you have taken; previous tutoring or TA experience)
- Why do you want this position?
- Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this position?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Cheryl Scott (email@example.com).