There are undergraduate research positions available for students at the U of M. Interested candidates should contact LeAnn Micek at email@example.com.
- Available to work 15hrs/wk minimum, to include semester breaks, weekends and summer; additional hours available
- Registered (at least 6 credits) as University of Minnesota undergraduate student-upper division status
- Must be able to work without direct supervision
- Willing to work with mice
- Must provide at least 2 references of supervisors and schedule of availability.
- Please attach current class schedule and other obligations for the fall semester
- (volunteering, direct study, athletics, etc.)
- Reliable, detail-oriented and willing to work extensively with mice; we will teach correct mouse handling techniques for work in specific pathogen-free colony.
- 60% Assisting with aspects of mouse bone marrow transplants including ear punching mice, irradiating mice, weighing mice, monitoring survival and health of mice
- 30% Assisting with maintenance of mouse breeding colony, sexing and weaning offspring, monitoring health of mice, maintenance of mouse inventory
- 10% Lab maintenance including recycling, buffer preparation, aliquoting reagents
15-20 hrs/week, includes weekend hours and some holidays, must be available summers and school breaks. No experience required but must be willing and able to work extensively with mice. Require reliable and detail-oriented individual.