This is an anatomy and physiology course that meets the liberal education science with lab requirement. It is taken by a student body ranging from freshman to seniors who are enrolled in many different colleges at the U of MN. The course is typically held in both fall and spring semesters. Labs meet once a week for 2 hours, and the maximum lab size is 12 students.
- Teach undergraduate biology labs (give a short lesson and assist students in carrying out lab activities and experiments)
- Weekly grading of student papers
- Maintain moodle gradebook
- Attend mandatory weekly TA meetings
Note: Attending course lectures not required
- Junior or senior undergraduate
- Major in life sciences/kinesiology/nutrition
- Significant amount of science coursework completed-including an anatomy or physiology course
- Good communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who are available to teach 2 or more lab sections per week, who can teach for the entire academic year (both fall and spring), and who can demonstrate any type of previous teaching experience
Hours per week: will vary by number of lab sections you teach
Hourly rate: according to undergraduate pay scale
Please send a cv/resume and letter of interest by 4-28-2013 to Katherine Phillips (email@example.com) for guaranteed consideration.
326 Burton Hall