Exam Jam tutoring and workshops
It's the end of the semester and we've got everything you need to help with tutoring, study tips, final exam prep, research tricks, and some fun and games to help alleviate the stress. Find our treasure chest of end-of-semester goods below:
- Peer tutors are ready to help you prepare for finals with extended tutoring hours! Find extra tutoring, writing help, study workshops, and more to help you succeed, all available at no cost to UMN students. More at Exam Jam
- Explore Effective U with tips and tricks for final exam prep, test like an ace, boost your study habits, manage your stress, and more.
- Finding last minute sources? Library research guides bring together the best databases and online search tools on a subject or for a course. They will help you be more efficient by connecting you with the best places to search for the things you need for your research.
- Meet with Gophers in online workshops to learn study tips or try the Pomodoro brain-based studying technique. Register today.
- Schedule a 30-minute online appointment with a Peer Research Consultant (a.k.a. library research tutor) to get help on picking a paper topic, selecting keywords, searching databases, and finding and evaluating high-quality sources. You can also get help getting started with undergraduate research.
Gophers need study breaks!
- Being creative and crafty (or playing a game) is a great way to rest your brain and refocus. Try the Toaster Innovation Hub and Breakerspace in Walter library or the Makerspace and Virtual Reality Studio on the fifth floor of the Health Sciences library. Try 3D printing, coloring, sewing, crafts, and more.
- Join the Health Sciences Library for their annual Stressbusters as you prepare for finals! These events will be held over two consecutive weeks, May 2-6 and May 9-13th . For more information click here.
Week 1: May 2-6, 2022
- May 2-6 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Makerspace: button making, 3D printing, vinyl stickers and more
- Tuesday, May 3 (1 to 4 p.m.): open VR Studio: meditation, tai chi, & stress relieving/wellness apps
- Wednesday, May 4 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.): Tea & Treats
- Thursday, May 5 (4 to 4:45 p.m.): Online Makerspace workshop: “Bullet Journaling for Finals”
- Friday, May 6 (1 to 4 p.m.): open VR Studio: meditation, tai chi and stress-relievin wellness apps