It’s not too early for students to be thinking about summer jobs! Our local national park (Saint Paul, MN and St. Croix Falls, WI) are hiring! Spring/summer 2021 joobos are poosted and may close around Dec. 10 for start dates in April/May 2021. MISS in Saint Paul is expecting to hire several park rangers (student and seasonal positions), biological science technicians (student and seasonal positions) and an education technician.
Submit early! These postings close after they hit the applicant limit.
How to prepare
- Create a USAjobs.gov profile
- Set-up job searches for locations, agencies, type of position, etc. you are looking for. Need help with this? Check out this 30 min video (Searching for Federal Jobs): https://www.facebook.com/MississippiRiverNPS/videos/297700901618866
- Update your resume the best you can before the job posts (this includes best estimates for start date/end date + hours worked). Need help with this? Check out this 30 min video (Federal Resumes): https://www.facebook.com/MississippiRiverNPS/videos/1735608726562838
- Upload any additional documents you may want/need to apply (ex. unofficial transcript(s))
- Understand how the federal application works and how best to navigate the application process. Need help with this? Check out this 30 min video (Applying for Federal Jobs and Managing the Questionnaire): https://www.facebook.com/MississippiRiverNPS/videos/253408019071386
- Contact Paula if you have additional questions – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-240-7741 (can text!!)
Community Volunteer Ambassador position
Don’t want to deal with the federal hiring process but still want to be involved in the work? Many of the Community Volunteer Ambassador (11-mo AmeriCorp) positions are still accepting applications including the position at MISS in Saint Paul, MN: https://www.cvainternships.org/cva-internship-opportunities Anticipated start date is February 8, 2021.