Interested in contributing to CBS BioLine, but don’t know where to start? The CBS Impact Exchange invites CBS/BTI students and postdocs to participate in a hybrid (virtual/in-person) boot camp in science communication.
Learn the fundamentals of effective science communication to engage peers outside of your discipline. Participants will receive guidance and ultimately submit a piece for CBS BioLine. Whether you’re pursuing a career in academia, industry, nonprofit or beyond, effective communication is essential.
- Learn to translate field-specific jargon and determine what details are fine to leave out.
- Practice engaging diverse audiences and ditch the single elevator pitch when asked, “What do you do?”
- Write, peer-review, and submit a piece for CBS BioLine.
- Open to CBS and BTI undergraduate students, graduate students and postdocs.
- 4 workshops, 2 hours each
- Tuesdays 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. | Sept 28 (in person), Oct 5 (virtual), Oct 12 (virtual), Oct 26 (virtual)
We are limited to 10 participants.
- Claire Wilson — As a Content Strategist on the CBS Communications, Marketing, and Advancement Team, Claire focuses on developing stories to highlight the work of CBS faculty, researchers and students. She worked alongside Abbey and Judee to kick off CBS BioLine.
- Judee Sharon — Judee is a BMBB Ph.D. candidate in Assistant Professor Kate Adamala's lab. She is a co-founder of BioLine. With BioLine, she hopes to introduce a platform that empowers CBS researchers to strengthen their communication muscle while exchanging ideas across disciplines. She is a co-founder.
- Abbey Robinson — Abbey is a MCDB&G Ph.D. student in Assistant Professor Kate Adamala's lab. She is a co-founder of BioLine. As someone who once hated English class, writing has become one of Abbey's favorite things about science and she hopes to help other students find a passion for writing as well.
Questions? Contact Claire Wilson at email@example.com.