Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve (CCESR) is now accepting applications for our summer Graduate Fellows Program.
This program provides partial summer support for graduate students who are conducting thesis research at Cedar Creek to mentor undergraduate student researchers. Please share this announcement with any graduate students to whom this opportunity might be of interest.
Applications are invited from CCESR graduate student researchers at any stage of a graduate program. Funding is available for up to six summer Fellowships at 25% effort (10 hours per week). Requests for half-time appointments will also be considered. Graduate Fellows are strongly encouraged to live on-site because this helps build the CCESR research community. Free on-site summer housing will be provided to all Graduate Fellows.
Together, the team of Graduate Fellows will:
- mentor undergraduate interns pursuing independent research projects throughout the summer;
- organize a research symposium at the beginning of the summer in which faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students present results from their ongoing studies at Cedar Creek;
- organize a weekly seminar series;
- offer weekly workshops that provide formal training on research proposal writing, reading journal articles, data analysis, poster presentations, and oral presentations; and
- organize a research symposium at the end of the summer in which undergraduate student researchers present the findings of their independent research projects.
To apply, please email your application as a single PDF by March 18, 2016 to Hannah Skog (firstname.lastname@example.org), CCESR Executive Assistant.
Your application should include your CV and completed application form. Decisions will be made by March 31, 2016.