All University employees who are able to work remotely should plan to do so in consultation with their supervisor beginning Monday, March 16, and no later than Wednesday, March 18 (see President Gabel's March 16 announcement).
All coursework will be delivered through alternative instruction rather than in-person beginning March 18 until through the remainder of the spring 2020 semester (see President Gabel’s March 16 announcement).
CBS Remote Teaching Resources and Training I March 11, 2020
Below you will find resources for University of Minnesota students, faculty, staff, and other employees as well as CBS-specific information.
The best up-to-date resource for UMN system-wide information on COVID-19 infections and action, including:
- University FAQs on the outbreak
- Messages from UMN leadership
- Links to more information
CBS Intranet (x.500 required)
This page has CBS-specific information for faculty and staff, such as:
- School preparations for COVID-19
- Messages from CBS leadership
- Resources for collegiate units
- Alternative advising options
- Returning from a learning abroad program
- Mental health resource
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
This site at CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy) tracks and analyzes COVID-19 reports and global news and provides valuable resources.
Guidelines for Completion of Undergraduate Research Projects in Spring, 2020
A guide for undergraduate research projects in spring 2020.
Buildings Systemwide Go To Weekend Mode
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, most University buildings systemwide will require a U Card or other secure means of access, consistent with the protocol for each of our campuses. If you need to be on campus, please have with you at all times what you need to gain building access.
- The health sciences buildings on the Twin Cities campus will continue to have public access by appointment only. There will be three staffed entrances from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. These entrances are: the second floor of Moos Tower at Washington, the second floor of Mayo Building at Church Street, and the third floor of Phillips-Wangensteen Building at the Delaware circle.
- Each building will have signs posted giving more information to the University community, the public, and vendors and contractors, should they need access.
- Check with your local campus for access to other healthcare resources in your community.
Recreation Centers Close Systemwide
- Recreation Centers across the University system will close until further notice beginning Tuesday, March 17.
- All Recreation and Wellness programs, other than those supporting student mental health needs, are cancelled.
Libraries Close Systemwide
- Public health officials strongly urge all members of the University community and beyond to avoid gatherings and to practice social distancing. As a result, all University libraries systemwide will close beginning Tuesday, March 17 until further notice.
- Online library services continue to be available. Any student who experiences difficulty accessing what they need for projects or assignments to work with their professor to develop an alternative plan.
Events Are Cancelled Through End of Semester
- On Friday, March 13, President Gabel communicated that all University events systemwide would be canceled based on MDH recommendations of avoiding events 250 people or larger.
- On March 16, the White House announced all individuals should avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.
- The University will now cancel all events 50 people or larger through the end of the semester.
- Smaller events should not be held unless social distancing can be implemented (6 feet between people).
CBS emails and announcements about COVID-19
- Follow up regarding pay I March 20, 2020
- COVID-19 response - CBS updates I March 20, 2020
- Resources for CBS students I March 17, 2020
- Recent developments I March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 updates from CBS Student Services I March 16, 2020
- CBS Technology Updates for Remote Teaching and Working I March 16, 2020
- CBS Research Update I March 16, 2020
- Guidance to CBS faculty and staff on moving to remote work I March 15, 2020
- Communication to undergraduates from instructors I March 15, 2020
- COVID-19 I March 11, 2020