General Emergency Procedure
- Notify others nearby and evacuate
- Close doors and prevent people from entering area
- During working hours call DEHS 6-6002; after working hours, call 911.
- If Minneapolis 911 answers, say "University of Minnesota, please."
- Give them:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your location
- The name of the material spilled
- The amount of material spilled
- Stay by the phone.
- Call Dave Okita 4-7107 and NHH front desk 6-0911
- (after hours, call Dave Okita at 651-592-6755 and Cheryl Miller at 651-769-4664)
- Block off area until emergency personnel arrive
- Lab Safety Officer: Sarah Blakely 4-9918 email: sb@ddt cell phone: 612-965-1571
- Research Safety Officer: David Okita 4-7107 email: okita001 cell phone: 651-592-6755
- DEHS: 6-6002 after hours: 911 email: dehs DEHS Hazardous Waste: 6-1604 email: hazwaste
- NHH building manager: Cheryl Miller 6-0911 office: 5-5905 email: ahcrbms cell phone: 651-769-4664
RBMS Building Coordinators
Between the hours of 5pm and 7:30am call the On Call Building Coordinator cell number: 763-760-4794
If the on call building coordinator does not respond after 20 minutes, call Cheryl Miller, Operations Manager, cell: 651-769-4664