U of MN Resources:
- Center for Writing
- Disability Services
- Campus Parking and Transportation
- Student Conflict Resolution Center
- Student Counseling Services
Equity & Diversity
- Graduate School Diversity Office
- Equity & Diversity Certificate Program
- Community of Scholars Program
- Graduate Students of Color Alliance
- Disability Resource Center
- Women's Center
- Gender & Sexuality Center for Queer & Trans Life
- Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Minnesota Genetic Counselors Association
Prospective Student Resources:
- GC Experience Program: If you are in Minnesota, apply for a shadowing opportunity or informational interview. Clinics are currently closed to outside observers due to COVID.
- Program Zoom meetings for prospective students - registration link
- Master Genetic Counselor Series: Made by the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) and shows simulated genetic counseling sessions.
- Western States Regional Genetics Network - page for prospective students
- aboutgeneticcounselors.com: Information about the profession and about becoming a genetic counselor.
- Prospective student resources: Maintained by the NSGC Student/New Member SIG.
- Reading list: A reading list compiled for prospective students.
- Global Genetics and Genomics Community: Review several different case studies relevant to genetic counseling. You will have the opportunity to “ask” a simulated patient various questions and see their response through video. Resources are found on the left-hand side of the page to give you more information about the condition or to help you determine which questions to ask.
- Clinic, Teaching, and Research Experiences at the University of Minnesota
- Real Life as a Genetic Counseling Student at the University of Minnesota