Overview of Program
The goals of this program are to assist graduate students and postdocs in developing a greater understanding of diversity and inclusion in the classroom and research lab, engage in critical conversations about diversity and inclusion, and implement inclusive teaching and mentoring strategies.
This program launched in Spring 2017 with funding from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI). Since then, 71 graduate students and postdocs have participated in this semester-long program.
What is Diversity and Inclusion?
Stereotypes and Implicit Bias
Diversity and Inclusion in the Classroom
- Gender Equity
- International Students and Non-Native English Speakers
- Underrepresented Minority Students
- First Generation College Students
- Students with Disabilities
- LGBTQIA Students
- Low Income/Pell Grant Students
- Transfer Students
- Religious Students in STEM