Second-year neuroscience student Christine Loo with Clinical Research Coordinator Danielle Berglund (GCD, 2010)
The CBS Mentor Program begins in November and runs through April every school year. Students learn to build professional networks, polish communication skills, explore new areas of interest and how to transition to graduate/professional school or the workplace.
The mentor program orientation and kickoff event will take place on Thursday, November 9, 2017 in the A.I. Johnson Great Room, McNamara Alumni Center.
FOR CBS STUDENTS
As a mentee, your role is to set the groundwork for a lasting professional network as you gain access to an insider's perspective on navigating your academic/career path. This program matches you with an industry professional in your area of interest.
- You will take the lead in the relationship by identifying your goals for academic/career exploration
- Your mentor will provide academic/career guidance and help you with strategic goals
FOR CBS ALUMNI + FRIENDS
As a mentor, your role is to help your student(s) get the most out of his/her college experience and to help them transition to graduate/professional school or the workplace.
- Contacting your student at least once per month (face-to-face, telephone, email)
- Attending the orientation dinner in the fall and closing reception in the spring
- Determining how your expertise can help your student meet his/her academic or career goals
- Making time available for your student.