In June 2017, the University announced that it would adopt Canvas as our single, centrally supported learning management system. The transition is expected to take 24 months, during which CBS-RLT will provide specialized support for CBS instructors. Our goal is to minimize the need for you to be involved in migrating your course content. This will allow you to focus your energy on learning how to use Canvas.
CBS-RLT will work with instructors and central IT resources to move courses into Canvas. The key elements of the CBS transition are:
- About 60 courses will move each semester each fall and spring for the next two years.
- Online courses will move in Summer 17.
- CBS-RLT will continue to provide its usual support to instructors using Moodle.
NOTE: As we adapt to best meet the needs of our faculty, these plans may change. This webpage will be updated as needed.
- Core Canvas Skills Training - Most instructors will only need 6 core skills to successfully use Canvas.
- Troubleshooting - Need something beyond the Core Canvas Skills or running into other problems? Please email CBS-RLT or visit during our drop in hours during Fall and Spring.
- Request a Canvas Sandbox - Get a canvas site to play with before you use it in class.
- Canvas Community - Canvas has an active community filled with resources and forums for answering questions.
- University Transition website - Latest University-wide news about the Canvas transition.
- Canvas Clinics - See all the training and help events the University has scheduled.
- Canvas Student Tour - Explore Canvas by using a Canvas site.
- Canvas Student Guide - An online handbook for everything you need to know.
Our complete list of courses moving to Canvas can be searched on the CBS Canvas Courses spreadsheet. You can search for instructor name, course name, or course designator to see which semester we moved, or are moving, your course.
- If your course is not listed and needs to be moved to Canvas, please contact immediately.
- If your course has been completed, but you cannot find it in Canvas, please contact Kalli Binkowski ( ) and she will send you the direct link to your course.