Due to changes at Code 42, we are no longer able to offer Crashplan and this program has been discontinued. We will be reviewing this program and looking at other options.
- This is a Pilot program so we are looking for feedback and input. When you sign up, you agree to provide feedback and input about this service. In the coming months, you will receive an emailed survey asking for your feedback.
- We have a limited number of licenses available, it will be first come, first served.
- License good for 4 years of CrashPlan’s consumer backup service at no additional cost to CBS students
- CrashPlan is a computer backup service that automatically backs up your computer documents to a secure, online server.
- Once backed up, you can safely access and restore your data from anywhere on the web or from any computer (include mobile devices).
- If anything happens to your computer or hard drive, none of your data, assignments, or projects will be lost.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You do not need a credit card number to get a free license.
- After four years, you can continue the service at your own cost.
- The data that is backed up is stored securely and encrypted. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- The University does not have access to your data; this is done through an arrangement with CrashPlan directly.
For support with Crashplan, including installation, troubleshooting, or product questions, please contact CrashPlan directly: https://support.code42.com/
For questions about this specific program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.