The CBS Postdoc Committee organizes several events each year. Our goal is to provide opportunities for networking and career development. If you would like to volunteer for an upcoming event or suggest a new event, please contact us at . CBS Postdocs and Research Associates, SAVE THE DATE for the upcoming events:
- Morning Coffee. During the academic year (Sept 2019 to May 2020), we host a morning coffee event from 9-10am on the second Thursday of each month on both the East Bank (Nils Hasselmo Hall 2nd floor) and St Paul campuses (Ecology Building Rm 100). Upcoming event will be 9-10am on Thurs Sept 12th, come join us for free coffee, tea, bagels and good company.
- Family and Friends BBQ. Join your fellow Postdocs and Research Associates at Como Park on Sept 15th from 4pm to 7pm. RSVP and volunteer sign-up here.
- Seminar Series. Faculty, Postdocs, and students are welcome to attend this seminar series from 3pm to 4pm on the first Friday of the month from Oct 2019 to May 2020.
- Life Scientist Postdoc Itasca Retreat. Retreat to Itasca from Sept 18th-20th for networking, career development workshops, discussion panels and grant/paper writing sessions. Please sign-up here.
- Life Science Career Development Workshops. Unable to retreat to Itasca, Career development workshops on Thursday Sept 19th will be available from the St. Paul Campus. Morning workshops (10am-12pm) include 1) How to Manage a Lab in Rm 125 Coffey Hall, and 2) LinkedIn Profile Magic in Rm R380 in Learning & Environmental Sciences building. Afternoon workshops (2-4pm) include 1) From Lab to Impact in Rm R-380 in Learning & Environmental Sciences building, and 2) Science Communication Workshop in Rm 125 in Coffey Hall. Please sign-up here. The networking lunch will be held in Rm 125 Coffey Hall from 12:30-1:30pm.
- Annual Postdoc Symposium. Over a morning in early 2020, come join us for lightning talks, a career development workshop, and lunch with faculty. Below is a photo of the 2019 symposium:
The UMN Postdoctoral Association and Office of Postdoctoral Initiatives also host networking and career development events. Especially for the upcoming National Postdoc Appreciation Week. Upcoming events include:
- Postdoc Welcome Breakfast. From 8:30-10:30am on Monday Sept 16th, the UMN Office of Postdoctoral Initiatives welcomes postdocs and research associates to feast and participate in round-table discussions on a variety of topics relevant to postdocs with University leadership and faculty. Discussion topics will include research opportunities, grant writing, mentorship, professional development, health and wellbeing. Sign-up here.
- Research Day and Career Resource Fair. From 2:30-5pm on Tuesday Sept 17th, the PDA is hosting an afternoon of feasting, Postdoc and Research Associate Lightning talks and round-table discussions from University offices and groups as part of the Career Resource Fair. More information and sign up for this exciting event can be found here.
- Postdoc Happy Hour. From 4-7pm on Wednesday Sept 18th at Stub & Herb, the PDA invite postdocs and research associates for post-work food and drinks, generously sponsored by Promega.
- Evening at the Ballpark. On Friday Sept 20th, the PDA invites Postdocs and Research Associates to cheer on the Minnesota Twins as they take on the Kansas City Royals. Please sign-up here.