THE CBS CONTINUING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR 2018-19 HAS CLOSED. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL RE-OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2018 FOR THE 2019-20 ACADEMIC YEAR.
For continuing-CBS student scholarships and awards
Scholarship application instructions
Complete the online Scholarship Application Form by February 9, 2018 at midnight.
- Carefully read scholarship descriptions and provide required information.
- Reference letter(s) should be emailed directly to email@example.com by the letter-writer. Electronically delivered letters must be sent directly from the letter-writer's email address. Alternatively, reference letters may be submitted directly to the CBS Dean's Office, 123 Snyder Hall, in a sealed, flap-signed, envelope. Please note: your references have an extra week to submit their letters. The due date is Friday, February 16, 2018.
A completed application consists of the following items
- A completed online Scholarship Application. Due: Monday, February 9, 2018.
- Thoughtful responses to all questions to provide the Scholarship Committee with information about you, your experience, and the qualities you possess that make you a candidate for the scholarship(s) for which you are applying. Please read the eligibility criteria for each of the scholarships for which you are applying very carefully and tailor the content or focus of your responses or supplemental attachments as appropriate.
- At least one letter of recommendation (not more than two) from a former professor or teaching assistant who can describe in specific terms the quality of your work. Due: February 16, 2018. Some scholarships specify who should write your letter of recommendation. Please read scholarship descriptions carefully.
- Permission granted to access your UM transcript (release for transcript is addressed in the scholarship application).
- Online Scholarship Applications must be submitted no later than midnight, CST, on Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Reference letters are due on Friday, February 16, 2018.
Scholarship acceptance agreement
If you are awarded any of the scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year:
- You must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits) during the semester you receive your scholarship. All scholarships are disbursed during fall and spring semesters. If you receive a $1000 scholarship, you will receive $500 during fall semester and $500 during spring semester.
- You will be asked for your permission to disclose information in your scholarship application to the donor(s) of the scholarship you are awarded.
- You are expected to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) of your scholarship and to attend a CBS Recognition and Appreciation Dinner in October 2018.
- You will be asked for permission to include your name/and or photo in publicity, advertising, or philanthropic efforts.