Scholarship application instructions
- Complete the online Scholarship Application Form by Friday, February 8, 2019 at midnight.
- Carefully read scholarship descriptions and eligibility criteria. Provide thoughtful responses to all questions to provide the Scholarship Committee with information about you, your experiences, and the qualities you possess that make you a candidate for the scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
- At least one letter of recommendation (not more than two) from a former professor or teaching assistant who can describe in specific terms the quality of your work. Some scholarships specify who should write your letter of recommendation. Please read scholarship descriptions carefully.
- Reference letter(s) should be emailed to email@example.com and must be sent directly from the letter-writer. Alternatively, reference letters may be submitted to the CBS Dean's Office, 123 Snyder Hall, in a sealed, flap-signed, envelope. Please note, your references have an extra week to submit their letters.
- Permission granted to access your UM transcript (release for transcript is addressed in the scholarship application).
- You do not need to complete the application in one sitting. You may save and continue at a later date as long as you log-in with your UMN email.
- Online Scholarship Applications must be submitted no later than midnight, CST, on Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Letters of Recommendation are due on Friday, February 15, 2019.
Scholarship acceptance agreement
If you are awarded any of the scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- You must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits) in the College of Biological Sciences during the semester you receive your scholarship. All scholarships are disbursed during fall and spring semesters. If you receive a $1000 scholarship, you will receive $500 during fall semester and $500 during spring semester.
- You will be asked for your permission to disclose information in your scholarship application to the donor(s) of the scholarship you are awarded.
- You are expected to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) of your scholarship and to attend a CBS Recognition and Appreciation Dinner in September 2019.
- You will be asked for permission to include your name/and or photo in publicity, advertising, or philanthropic efforts.
For questions, contact Anna Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-2244.