You are here

Transfer Course Evaluation and Petition Process

Many courses are automatically evaluated to count into your degree when transferred to the University of Minnesota from another school. If a course is appearing on your APAS report but is not appearing in the category you expected, you may need to submit a petition or course evaluation form (see below):

Liberal education courses

The Office of Admissions reviews transfer courses for Liberal Education requirements according to the criteria established by the U of M Council on Liberal Education. For a complete description of these criteria, you may refer to the Transfer Course Petition Guide (PDF). If you believe after reviewing the criteria that one or more of your transfer courses has been missed or identified incorrectly, you may download and submit the Transfer Course Petition Form (PDF) following the Transfer Course Petition Instructions (PDF).

CBS major requirements

Often courses taken at another institution have already been evaluated to count in your CBS major. If not, you will need to have the course evaluated. Please refer to the CBS web site for information on evaluating transfer credits.