Transfer Orientation is a comprehensive program designed to help students make a smooth transition to the University of Minnesota. Orientation is required for all students transferring to the College of Biological Sciences (CBS) from other institutions as well as University of Minnesota system campuses (Crookston, Duluth, Morris, and Rochester).
How does it work?
Transfer students are required to:
- Complete the New Student Checklist. In the checklist, students will complete their pre-orientation survey, register for an on-campus orientation date, and complete other important tasks to support a successful transition to the University of Minnesota.
- Complete an online orientation module prior to attending on-campus orientation. Students will be prompted to complete online orientation through the New Student Checklist.
- Attend a one-day on-campus orientation program. Students will be able to choose from a few CBS orientation dates in July or August.
During the required on-campus orientation, students will:
- Meet individually with a CBS academic advisor.
- Register for classes with the assistance of advisors and peer advisors.
- Develop an understanding of degree requirements and academic expectations.
- Learn about important campus resources.
- Have the opportunity to tour campus.
More information about the University’s orientation program can be found on the Orientation and Transition Experiences website.
Transfer students admitted to CBS must first confirm their enrollment through the Office of Admissions. Refer to your admission packet for enrollment confirmation instructions or visit the Admissions website. After confirming your enrollment, you will be added to our orientation database. Orientation & Transition Experiences sends emails on a weekly basis to newly confirmed students with instructions to complete your New Student Checklist and register for orientation.
If you have questions about the orientation process, please contact our Orientation Coordinators at email@example.com.