Save and run the version for your language.
- To download, right-click and select Save from the popup menu.
- Verify that the filename you downloaded is PopInstall.5.4.jar.
If your browser saved it with any other name, then rename it.
Windows with JRE 1.1.x:
Windows with JRE 1.2 or later:
Unix with JRE 1.1.x:
Unix with JRE 1.2 or later:
Mac with JRE 1.3 or later:
- Make sure Apple's MRJ SDK is installed which includes the JBindery and other tools
- Launch the JBindery and add then enter load manually in the Command panel.
- In the Command panel, choose paths for console output and input.
- In the Classpath panel, enter PopInstall.5.4.jar in the search paths. If you're using JRE 1.1.x, then also include swingall.jar.
- In the Appearance panel, select any desired appearance features.
- In the Security panel, choose whether you want to use the code verifier.
- In any of the panels, select the Run button (or press the Return key) to execute the Java application.
Other OS with JRE 1.1.x:
Other OS with JRE 1.2 or later:
If your system has been configured to automatically launch .jar files with Java, then you can simply double click on PopInstall.5.4.jar.
Otherwise, issue the command:
After you complete the installation, you'll be ready to start Populus.