Protocol Specified for: Heat Systems Ultrasonics Sonicator
- Adjust volume of DNA sample to 700uL
- Adjust settings on Heat Systems Ultrasonics Sonicator:
Duty cycle: 30%
- Turn sonicator on.
- While keeping the tube on ice, insert the probe to just above bottom of 1.5mL tube.
- Turn the output to level 3 for 10 seconds and then return it to 0.
- If switching to a new sample, rinse the probe with ethanol and wipe dry with a kimwipe.
- Incubate each sample on ice for at least 1 minute between sonication cycles.
- Run samples on a 1.5% agarose gel to verift gractionation to 100-500bp
- Quantify samples on nanodrop.