CBS students and recent alumni (up to two years after graduation) can meet with a career coach to prepare for life after their undergraduate career. Make an appointment with the CBS career staff by calling 612-624-9717 or schedule an appointment online.
Students can meet with a career coach for help with:
- Exploring industry careers and gap-year opportunities
- Review the careers in the biological sciences handout.
- Review What Can I Do with a Major in the Biological Sciences?
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a career coach to create manageable action steps and explore reputable job search tools to learn about career options within the field of biology.
- Changing career plans
It’s not uncommon for students to change their career plans as they gain new experiences and develop their interests further. Whether you know what comes next or you just know you don’t want to pursue your original plans, meet with a career coach to discuss how to move forward with planning for life after graduation.
- Résumé writing and cover letter reviews
- Review our guides for résumés and cover letters. Also review résumé samples if you're interested. (Sample one, Sample two, and Sample three)
- Watch a quick webinar on résumé writing 101.
- Bring a draft résumé to a career coaching appointment for tailored feedback based on your goals. You can also pick-up our Cover Letter Guide while you’re here!
- Practice interviews
- Review our interview guide.
- Schedule a 45-minute practice interview with a career coach where you can receive personalized coaching to improve your interviewing skills. Once you’ve scheduled your appointment,e-mail the career coach your resume and a job description to help your coach to craft interview questions
Check out some of our networking tips. Follow up with an appointment with our career staff for more information on building your network.
- Career planning courses
CBS currently offers several courses that may be useful to students in planning their careers: