The Wackett laboratory studies microbial enzymes and pathways for biocatalysis and biodegradation and helped build the Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database.
- Cyanuric acid hydrolase – Enzyme structure/mechanism and applications
- Fate of agricultural chemicals and water protection
- Emerging pollutants - Water remediation of personal care products (PCPs)
- Aromatic hydrocarbons – Modeling and mechanisms
- Biosynthesis of beta-lactone natural products
- Hydrocarbon biosynthesis – Enzyme structure and mechanisms
- Enzyme-based sensors for detecting toxicants
- Predicting biocatalytic potential of enzymes and microbes
James Christenson recently started a new position as assistant professor of Chemistry at Bethel University
Serina Robinson attended the International BASF Summer Program in Ludwigschafen, Germany in August 2018
Serina Robinson attended the Natural Product Gordon Conference in Summer, 2018
Serina Robinson co-authored a perspective on the future of microbiology research
Dr. Jon Badalamenti, Serina Robinson, Dr. Tony Dodge and Lambros Tassoulas published a leading paper on the fate of nitrogen fertilizer chemicals
Bioremediation startup founded – Minnepura Technologies, Inc.
Minnepura in the news - Startups out of the University of Minnesota