The Wackett laboratory studies microbial enzymes and pathways for biocatalysis and biodegradation and helped build the Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database.
- Cyanuric acid hydrolase – Enzyme structure/mechanism and applications
- Fate of agricultural chemicals and water protection
- Emerging pollutants - Water remediation of personal care products (PCPs)
- Aromatic hydrocarbons – Modeling and mechanisms
- Biosynthesis of beta-lactone natural products
- Hydrocarbon biosynthesis – Enzyme structure and mechanisms
- Enzyme-based sensors for detecting toxicants
- Predicting biocatalytic potential of enzymes and microbes
Serina Robinson was NSF GROW Fellow for 6 month in lab of Marnix Medema, Wageningen
Dominick Jenkins has moved to a position at Harvard in Emily Balskus Lab
Lambros Tassoulas successfully defended his M.S. thesis in Microbial Engineering summer 2019, started Ph.D. program in BMBB
Kelly Aukema collaboration with Aihara lab leads to structure of Moorella cyanuric acid hydrolase
Bioremediation startup founded – Minnepura Technologies, Inc.
Minnepura in the news - Startups out of the University of Minnesota