BioGen Administrative Center
Terri Ritz | BioGen Center Director
(612) 624-5953 | email@example.com
Barbara Royce | Accounting Manager
(612) 301-1652 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Schaub | Grants Manager
(612) 625-1166 | email@example.com
Bev Retzlaff | Human Resources Manager
(612) 625-4440 | firstname.lastname@example.org
David Okita | Lab Safety Officer
(612) 624-7107 | email@example.com
Biophysical Technology Center
- Director: Dr. Robyn T. Rebbeck
- Assistant Director: Dr. Andrew Thompson
Center For Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
- Director: Dr. Tim Griffin
- Manager: Dr. Julie Kirihara
Kahlert Structural Biology Laboratory
- Director: Dr. Carrie Wilmot
- Manager: Dr. Ed Hoeffner
Nano Crystallization Facility
- Director: Dr. Hideki Aihara
- Manager: Ke Shi
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility
- Director (Interim): Dr. Kevin Mayo
- Manager: Tara Mclane
Research Building Management Services
- U Card Access Requirements
- New Applicant Access Form (For building occupants to fill out)
- Department Approval Access Form (For approvers to fill out)
- Card Reader Policy
- Work Requests
- Access Request Form
- Financial Policy
- Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA)
- Travel Services
- UM Reports
- Funding Agencies
- Major Deadlines
- U of M Offices Associated with Research and Policy Information
- Search Databases for Funding Opportunities and Other Scientific Information
- Appointment Contracts and Governing Documents
- Office of Human Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Self-Service
- Graduate Assistant Employment Office
- Graduate Assistant Insurance Office
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Office of Post-Doctoral Affairs
- Training Services
- University ID Badges
- Work/Life Initiative
The following types of events should be treated as an emergency:
- If there is a fire and/or explosion, or if you see smoke
- If there is a spill of or exposure to radioactive, chemical, biological materials, or any other potentially hazardous substances.
- If someone has been injured or is experiencing some type of medical crisis. Some symptoms to look for are:
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficult breathing
General Emergency Procedure
- Notify everyone around you of the emergency situation.
- Call 911.
- Be sure to call 911 for any situation similar to those described above, even if you are not sure if the situation is an emergency. The dispatcher can determine if it is necessary to send emergency personnel.
- If you are calling from a non-University phone, ask for the University's dispatcher.
- If the incident involves chemicals, biological materials, or radioactive materials, you should also call DEHS at (612) 626-6002 if it is during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm).
- Be sure to tell the dispatcher of your location, and clearly describe the incident.
- Contact Paul Wright (763-331-5342) and Cheryl Miller (651-769-4664) to notify them of the situation.
- Administer First Aid, if necessary.
- Evacuate the area, if necessary.
- Department of Biochemistry (U of M - Duluth)
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Food Science and Nutrition
- Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development
- Department of Neuroscience
- Department of Plant Biology