The CBS Outreach Assistants will work with the CBS outreach team team, including the Outreach program coordinator, to provide logistical support for CBS outreach programs. The Assistant will assist in the day to day operations of the college's outreach programs including collaborating with outreach program staff to prepare materials for outreach activities, assisting in the implementation of outreach programs, and supporting the administrative tasks associated with the College’s outreach programs.
40% Outreach Programs Resource Management
Resource management may include any of the following:
- maintaining an updated inventory of all program resources, maintaining a clean lab space,
- washing glassware, organizing supplies, preparing supplies to be delivered to program events,
- unpacking materials and reorganizing them after program events.
60% Direct Program Support
Program support will include conducting research to support the development of new program curricular materials (such as searching the internet for available resources, finding appropriate materials, previous activities, etc), troubleshooting outreach activities before they are implemented for public audiences, and attending outreach program events. Additionally, program support will include mentorship of outreach program participants (students and volunteers), including working directly with K-12 students to support their participation in CBS outreach programs and classroom support for K-10 teachers, helping modules run smoothly at the schools.
- Consistently able to work 4-5 hours a week between 8am-3pm
- Consistently able to co-teach lessons on Wednesdays from 11:15-12:45 in Maple Grove
- Ability to transport self to partner schools across the Twin Cities Metro (Mileage reimbursement is provided for personal vehicle use).
- Taken at least one semester of biology
- Experience working with K-12 students
- Experience working independently without direct supervision
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Haley Renner at email@example.com.