Mission Statement: Our goal is to discover the principles and mechanisms that control the expression of genetic information, with the benefit to society that this knowledge will enhance our understanding of the causes of disease and advance therapeutic strategies to correct deleterious gene expression.
Summary: Our goal is to understand how messenger RNAs are regulated. Regulation of translation, degradation and localization of mRNAs contributes to the enormous dynamic range of protein expression. Dysregulation can cause disease, developmental defects, or death. Sequence specific RNA-binding factors, both protein and small RNAs, play a central role in mRNA regulation. Our research focuses on two important classes of regulatory proteins: Pumilio proteins and deadenylases.
- Rene Arvola*, Chung-te Chang, Joseph Buytendorp*, Yevgen Levdansky, Eugene Valkov, Peter Freddolino, and Aaron Goldstrohm. Unique repression domains of Pumilio utilize deadenylation and decapping factors to accelerate destruction of target mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Research, In Press. BioRxiv Preprint: Oct 13, 2019
- Michael Kearse*, Daniel Goldman, Jiou Choi, Chike Nwaezeapu, Dongming Liang, Katelyn Green, Aaron Goldstrohm, Peter Todd, Rachel Green, Jeremy Wilusz. Ribosome queuing enables non-AUG translation to be resistant to multiple protein synthesis inhibitors. Genes and Development. 2019. 33:1–15. PMID: 31171704
- Michael Wolfe, Aaron Goldstrohm#, and Peter Freddolino#. Global analysis of RNA metabolism using bio-orthogonal labeling coupled with next-generation RNA sequencing. Methods. 2019. Volume 155, Pages 88-103. PMID: 30529548
- Eric Wagner and Aaron Goldstrohm. Biochemical and Next Generation Sequencing Approaches to Study RNA Regulation, Methods. 2019. 155:15. p1-2. PMID: 30797262
- Chen Qiu, Aaron Goldstrohm, and Traci Tanaka Hall. Preparation of cooperative RNA recognition complexes for crystallographic structural studies. Methods Enzymol. 2019;623:1-22. PMID: 31239042
- Wi Lai, Rene Arvola*, Aaron Goldstrohm, and Perry Blackshear. Inhibiting transcription in cultured metazoan cells with actinomycin D to monitor mRNA turnover. Methods. 2019. Volume 155, Pages 77-87. PMID: 30625384
For a complete list of PubMed publications, click HERE