The deadline to apply for CBS continuing student scholarships for the academic year 2023-24 has passed. Students will be notified of award decisions in early May.
The next application for continuing student scholarships will open in January 2024. Students can search for additional scholarship opportunities using the undergraduate scholarship search on the OneStop website. This tool provides an individualized list of scholarships that you are eligible to apply for based on your student profile.
CBS Scholarship Overview
CBS collegiate and departmental scholarships vary in awarding criteria, but most are awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need. Additional criteria for scholarships may be based on donor specifications (such as major, career interest, co-curricular activities, GPA etc.).
To be considered for CBS continuing student scholarships, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program in the College of Biological Sciences at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of your degree
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Enroll as a CBS degree-seeking student for the 2023-24 academic year
- All scholarships require that students be enrolled full-time (12 credits)
- Students who are planning to study abroad or graduate early during the 2023-24 academic year are still eligible to apply
Students will be considered for all collegiate and departmental awards for which they are eligible. Financial need will be determined by completed FAFSA or MN Dream Act applications.
- Complete the online Scholarship Application Form by February 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
- In addition to your academic information, you will be asked to provide written responses related to any research experiences, intended career path, co-curricular involvement, and leadership experience.
- Letters of recommendation are not required and will not be considered as part of your application.
- You do not need to complete the application in one sitting. You may save and continue at a later date as long as you log-in with your UMN email.
- Students planning to graduate in fall 2023 are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Acceptance Agreement
If you are awarded a scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year:
- You must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits) in the College of Biological Sciences during the semester you receive your scholarship.
- You will receive your scholarship in installments. The scholarship funds will be disbursed to you in equal amounts at the beginning of each semester.
- Scholarship payments will be made to you through the University of Minnesota’s Office of Student Finance.
- Funds will be disbursed in equal amounts to your student account at the beginning of each semester. The amount deposited into your account will be credited toward any university charges (tuition, fees, University housing) for that term.
- Scholarship payments can be applied to University of Minnesota endorsed study abroad programs.
- You will be asked for your permission to disclose information in your scholarship application to the donor(s) of the scholarship you are awarded.
- You are expected to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) of your scholarship and to attend the CBS Recognition and Appreciation Dinner.
- You will be asked for permission to include your name/and or photo in publicity, advertising, or philanthropic efforts.
For questions, contact email@example.com or 612-624-2244.